Reflections on Jimmy Stewart & Classic Hollywood.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jimmy Stewart

Some of you may be asking, "Why Jimmy Stewart?" Well, I'll tell you.

It all started when I was in the 3rd grade. We watched It's A Wonderful Life in class. I had seen the movie before, but this time I specifically remember it making an impact on me. Not necessarily the movie, I mean I thought it was a good movie, but I just couldn't seem to take my eyes off Jimmy. He seemed like the perfect gentleman and the most handsome man I had ever seen. (Who knew I had that much taste at the age of 9? *wink*) It was then that I always looked forward to watching It's A Wonderful Life around Christmas. Then about maybe 3 years ago, I started getting into classic television, one of those shows was The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. It was on every Sunday night, so I would always enjoy watching it. My parents suggested I watch one of his movies since I liked the show so much. So, the next time my Mother went to the library, she picked me up a copy of Rear Window. I noticed Jimmy was in it and I remembered that he was also in IAWL. So I watched Rear Window with my parents and I absolutely loved it! I thought it was a great movie. Jimmy especially, made an impression, and yes, I thought he was just as handsome in 1954 as he was in It's A Wonderful Life. So I started doing research on him and watching more of his films. And now here I am today. Starting a blog in honor of my favorite actor. My life has been made so much better by discovering Jimmy and his wonderful movies, and I don't think I'd be the same without him.

I hope to share this joy with other fans and possibly introduce Jimmy to new fans as well. I'll post pictures, my film reviews, television schedules, news, etc. A few stray Classic Hollywood/interest items may also sneak in once in a while, but other then that, this blog is strictly Jimmy-related. I hope you all enjoy the blog! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment